After switching to the Google Pixel, I’ve found myself using ‘Ok Google’ more and more. Particularly when it comes to actions like setting reminders, and events and navigating.
This is a list of things I wished worked, in no particular order, with dates attached so I can record when they do start working.
- Some of these things are limitations of the assistant, and some of them are limitations of the application
- It possible some of these already work and I just don’t know how to access them. Though that is itself a failure. Discovery should be easy.
- Take a note - Says I don’t have a note app installed
- Navigate to X (decides that I want to walk regardless of how far). “Navigate to X by car” works, but it should be more intelligent about what it suggests as the default.
- Navigation: Toggle the toll roads / no toll roads per trip, rather than as a global setting in the navigation app. While ‘Navigate without tolls’ works
- Send a Telegram message
- Send a Whatsapp message
- Set an all-day event (The flow can only handle ‘one hour’ meetings)