Yet another brain dump.
Regina Dugan - Making Epic Sh*t was probably my favourite talk at SXSW so far.
- Credentials: DARPA + Google ATAP
- Innovation is a discipline
- Breakthrough vs Evolutionary Innovation
- When operating at the level that DARPA/Google ATAP operate at failure is just a part of it - Said differently Breakthrough Innovation is going to involve failure.
- Failure isn’t the problem, fear of failure is the problem
- Pasteur’s Quadrant - Picking highly applicable technologies for which the science is now ready
The talk wasn’t recorded but I did find a bunch of other Regina talks after:
The Google I/O talk is longer and potentially better (though slightly older).
An even older talk while Regina was still at DARPA is also interesting:
Geek since birth. Futurist. Lover. Idealist.